BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 31, 2009

puttering

I got up today, and tried to do a few things around the house, but i tire so easily, and my fever spiked again. I did clean my bathroom, and vanity area, picked up my bedroom, and directed my children to step it up a notch and get their chores done.

Ben is still not feeling well, and i think it would really annoy him to come into a mess. The living room, dining area, and kitchen are clean, but Jonathan has not cleaned the stairs, entryway or dining room. I am going to try and polish my furniture. It is so hard to keep my bedroom neat and clean while Ben is in the middle of a bathroom remodel and stuff is everywhere.

Yesterday, i played with decorating the vanity case i bought at the Salvation Army. After Rosemarys' last yard sale, she gave me tons of things that didn't sell. Included in that were sheets of pictures, and tons of old lace. I put the pictures away because they were so pretty, and the lace i put in a pretty basket. I cut out a bunch of flowers and glued them onto the case. I trimmed it all out in ancient ecru lace. It looks really cute. I would like to have put some old buttons on it , but i couldn't get them to stick. I may call Rosie tomorrow, and see if she has a suggestion.

I would like to get my new sewing machine out, and play with it, but i really don't have the energy for something real involved. I bought 4 napkins and a tablecloth at the junk store a while back for 5.00. I love the silvery gray color with white filigree decorations. I plan to turn the napkins into pillows for my bed. My bedspread is a purple/lilac damask print. My bedroom is painted lilac with sage green accents. I plan to make a valance out of the tablecloth and use it with a sheer white panel. The bathroom will be mint green with white beadboard and brushed nickel fixtures.

Wish me luck, i haven't used a sewing machine in years, but i used to be able to sew a straight seam. Lets hope i still can. This should be a simple project. Those may go down as famous last words, and i take everything to Granny and say help me....

It sounds simple, turn the napkins inside out. Pin the sides together. Sew 3 sides, stuff pillos in, and hand sew last side shut...any idiot, should be able to do it....i'll let you know if i am an idiot, or not....

I saw a beautiful lamp in my better homes and garden magazine, it is silver with a white drum shade, the only drawback was the price. 196.00, be still my heart....I bought 2 lamps at a yard sale a month ago, they were ugly. ivory ceramic with a gold trim on the top and bottom. I spray painted them silver, and they turned out lovely. I found the shades i need at Walmart for 11.97, and after i cash my cheque from the consignment shop, i am going to get them. My total out-put will be 34.00, that beats 392.00 any day.

We also painted the chandelier i found at the Salvation Army a few weeks ago for Nicoles' room black. I paid 6.00 for the chandelier, and i already had the spray paint. Bens' friend Jeremy said he would hang it for me this week, and take down my fixture in the powder room and fix it. I am going to spray paint that also, and then he said he will rehang it for me.

Ben hates working on lights, so i am glad Jeremy has agreed to do it, and all it will cost me is a cake...

2 comments:

momoflots said...

You are so creative!! I like to sew but don't get to very often. I love to crochet because it's so easy to pick up and put down. Please - try not to over do. It's hard to stay down I know but your furniture will be there to polish on another day when you are really better!! Rest...your body is demanding it!!

Kimberly said...

I hung up Nicoles' fixture in the garage, but when i got ready to polish my furniture, my fever spiked, and i just crawled back into bed. So much for good intentions.

I stayed in bed most of the day battling this infection, and running a fever, i am praying tomorrow will be better, and i am taking your advice and just resting...