BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

this is the song that doesn't end

it is still raining. The farmers say it is a lovely thing rain, so good for the tomatoes, and okra and corn. Our ponds are filling up, so is the river all in all, it must be a good thing.

Why do i hate it so much? This dark, cold damp rain that creeps into your bones and doesn't go away. It feels like the rain in San Francisco Bay Area where i grew up. Such a miserable feeling never getting the damp and cold out. Oklahoma spring rain is so different...It isn't cold, or damp or even dark.

Sometimes it even rains when the sun is shining, like a little joke on us. The rain is warm and is like liquid sunshine, it feels good on your skin. I have been known to go out and wade in the puddles with my children, there is something so clean and fresh about spring rain. Right now i am in hiding...It is too cold, too damp, and i am too sick... Ben took the babies to go get me a new rx, as i am not improving, and left the dogs outside while he went to town, there was a huge cloudburst, and then a downpour, so i went out and let the stinking wet dogs in. Maggie is terrified of thunder...The other woman in Bens liife is a 130lb english mastiff, sometimes she takes me for a walk!!!!

The only good thing about being sick, is i have had time to read lately. I bought a few book from the book stall when i went to the Dr. Friday, I bought a virtous woman and the secret life of bees for a dollar each, and a shoe box full of ancient Agathe Christie paperbacks for a dollar. I know, I know I have all these books in hard-back, but they reminded me of my Grandmother who gave me my first Agatha Christie book when i was a little girl...I had to rescue them, they needed a good home, with someone who would love them and read them....It's kind of like when i find holy card at a junk store or antique shop. I can never leave them behind....I have an old overnight case full of them. Some I display on my dresser, some i have framed, but they all need a good home.

So, my secret is out, i have a weekness, for books, a collection of old prayer cards, and an angel that holds all my rosaries, broken or not...While i spent my lent trying to purge my home of extras, somethings never go....I was really happy about the 22 bags of items i donated to the Jesus House, but honestly, i don't think there was abook among them, certainly not an Agatha Christie, they are my oldest and dearest friends. I have read them over and over, and i still love them.

Dear Lord,
If its' not too much trouble, and it won't mess up the tomatoes, or okra, or corn, could we please have a little sunshine...5 straight days of this cold rain is making me sad...and my stupid chickens are all wet and sitting on my porch, and the dogs smell like wet dogs, and the little boys need to run and play, and Alexandra wants to drive her car up and down the front walk, but it is completely flooded, and we no longer have one...And there is a river running down Rosemarys' hill all the way to my pond. I am not complaining Lord, as you know best, I am just saying, I have had enough.

1 comments:

momoflots said...

I NEVER have enough books!! My Hubby can't understand why I don't thin out my collection and I always tell him they are my friends!! You don't send friends to live at the thrift store!!! (I LOVE Agatha!!) We've have really nasty storms rolling through here in Western Washington. It's so odd to have the heat and the lights on in the middle of the day in May! I saw a patch of blue sky this evening so I have hopes we may see a bit of sun tomorrow - it's been so long!!