BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

remodel

Ben is starting to make a lot of progress on our master bath remodel. He has the walls primered,and painted. The ceiling is very pale shade of green, and the walls are mint green. He has the cabinets, and all the wood work painted white, and has begun to trim out the shower and bathtub areas in decorative tile.

We kept the stone tile we put in 8 years ago in the shower, floor and around the bathtub,but it just didn't look finished. We bought panels of tumbled stone and green glass to finish around the bathtub and shower. We got brushed nickel shower and tub fixtures for 5.00. We also found beautiful cabinet handles for 1.50 each, the same ones at home depot were 19.00 each.

I haven't totaled all our receipts yet. We still have a few more purchases to make, and it will have to be done a little at atime. I hope it is finished by the end of june.

I have to find an alternative for our bathroom mirror. Ours cracked when we rehung itseveral years ago, and need to replace it. i am looking for an inexpensive option.

speaking of cracked, the children have been out of school for one week, and my nerves are completely frazzled. we have not settled into a routine yet, and the disorder is making me nuts. I need to take a deep breath, get a good nights sleep, and get my schedule sorted out. I cannot stand the chaos, and neither can the babies. They are not napping or sleeping well.

I think i need a vacation. I absolutely know once we all go camping next month i will need a serious vacation. Camping is so much work for mommies.

They are all running and screaming, i have to go see what is going on, i wish i had some chocolate, i think i need it....

1 comments:

momoflots said...

My master bath was repainted a year ago and we did simple changes (shower curtain etc) I picked green as well. I really love it - green is so calming. You are so right - camping is so much work for moms. All the prep - cooking etc and then all the laundry and putting stuff away when we get home. I don't know about you but I don't sleep when camping and I am always on high alert during the day in case someone gets lost or falls in the creek!! The kids just love it though and it's fun to make these great memories with them but oh, so much work!!!!
School ends in about three weeks here - and honestly I just can't wait - but I'm sure I'll wish for the routine of school in short order :0)!!