BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 29, 2009

hand in hand

I know you have to take the good and the bad as they seem to go hand in hand. Ben had a bug bite on his arm that became seriously infected, he asked me to make him a dr. appt. for today. I got up at 8:00 to call the office, and get him in, and i was so weak, and felt even worse than yesterday.

I have been going on the assumption my lack of sleep, and the craziness at home had caused a flare up of my fibromialgia, but this morning, i started running a fever. I hurt from head to toe, and that familiar kidney pain was all too evident.

Bens' bug bit was so bad, he has an abcess in his arm, and they put him on serious anti-biotics, my fussy Alexandra is still teething, but has a sinus infection on top of that, and me i have another uti/kidney infection. I am so grateful for Bens' bug bite, if he hadn't been going to the Dr. i would have put off calling, and according to my Dr. , i would have been in the hospital before the weekend was over. I guess there are even blessings in bad things.

My Dr. has recommended i see a urologist, as i have been having recurring infections. I did this when i was pregnant with Christian, but it just stopped, and i didn't have any problems until September. Now i can't seem to shake it. I will feel good for a week or two, and then it starts all over again. I think my other health problems aggravate things, because i tend to assume it is somethtin else, and then the infection gets ahold of me.

I e-mailed my friend at church, and have backed out of helping at vbs next week, i am also going to e-mail Fr. Adrian and tell him i need a home visit, maybe that will help with my spiritual malaise. I hate to miss church, and lately i have been miss more than hit.

Ben had me order chinese food tonight and Ashley and Tony went to pick it up along with the rx's. We are both sick, and feel horrible, and we are laying on our bed together watching home improvement shows...Oh well, maybe tomorrow will be a better day...

1 comments:

momoflots said...

Oh, not again!!! :0( my mom struggled with UTIs on and off again for years. She discovered several things. One, oddly enough was that there was one place that she and dad enjoyed eating out (a pizza place) and every time she ate the pizza ahe had a UTI in 24 hours!!! Every single time!! How that happens is weird but true. Have you seen or heard about the cranberry pills you can take that ward off UTI's? They really and truly work and they are cheaper and less calories than drinking cranberry juice all the time (I love cranberry juice myself but - boy there is so much calories - which I'm unsuccessfully trying to avoid :0)

Rest up and feel better soon. I'm just bummed that you are sick again!!! Hope you hubby feels better soon to!!! Take care.
~Christine