BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 28, 2009

can you have too many pillows?

I went to the Salvation Army today, and someone must have been redecorating their home, i found a huge assortment of pillows, in great condition. I ended up buying 16 pillows. I cleared my baskets off the brick area in front of the fireplace, and put the 4 large seat cushions that coordinate. I put 2 new pillows on my windsor chair, i bought 2 for Ashleys bed, i put 3 on the couch, 1 on my dining room chair, 1 on my bed, and 3 khaki tie cushions i put up until i find new bar stools. We could barely fit all of them in Andrews' trunk.

I bought a plate rack, a cd/dvd rack, a large basket for the stairs, 3 bathroom light fixtures for 1.00 each for my bathroom remodel, they aren't brushed nickel, but i am going to spray paint them, and make them work. I bought an ancient samsonite vanity suitcase, and i am going to decorate it with old pictures, cards, ribbon,and lace and put my make-up in it.

They had a clothing sale, and i got 2 full bags for 5.00, which included 7 new skirts for me. I feel like i did great. The light fixtures i was going to order, would have cost for all 3 168.00. I spent 38.00 total at the store. yeah for mommy...

I may have to go back while things are still on sale.....

2 comments:

momoflots said...

You have a gift!! It takes talent to find such great stuff all in one trip - it would be fun to hit the thrift stores together - leave our babies home for the afternoon and treasure hunt!!! One can dream!! Don't you just love getting your hair done?!! I only get my hair done about once a year - it's a real treat!! So glad you had a good day - I've been praying for little (or big) blessings to come your way - and that you would feel strong and refreshed!! I hope this is the beginning of a parade of blessing!!!

Kimberly said...

Thank you so much for the prayers and kind thoughts, i have really needed them lately. i would love a day of shopping with a real live grown-up, no babies for a little while. You know thrift store shopping some days it's feast, some days it's famine, but i keep looking.

I think finding lovely things inexpensively is half the fun, i like a challenge.