BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 4, 2009

stormy weather

I have considered sending a memo to Al Gore to shut his big fat mouth on this whole global warming thing, I am about to freeze to death. Seriously, it is May in Oklahoma, we are supposed to be up to our eyeballs in wildflowers, and prairie grasses. It is supposed to be warm at the very least, hot at its worst. The rain is supposed to be warm, broken up by tornado alleys winds and wild storms...what the heck is going on.

It has rained for the last 5 days, a cold damp miserable rain, not the warm summer rain when i allow(throw) all the children outside to wade in puddles, look for crawdads, and hunt frogs. It is supposed to hit 85 on Wednesday, I personally think they are just lying to get my hopes up.

Thursday was Sean Patricks' Birthday, and my plan was to get up and hit the ground running, I intended to clean up, dust, do a few loads of laundry, bake his cake and decorate all before 3:00. I knew I was in trouble when Alexandra woke up, and i could barely stand..I struggled along for a few hours trying to take care of the babies, i was too weak to lift Alexandra, i couldn't handle the laundry, and the the popcicle girl with a normal temp of 97.4 spiked to 101. Okay, it is true i thought i was dying for a minute, so i did what any rational reasonable person would do, i called my husband. I would have called my mama, but she is in Ca, and if she found out my fever was that high she would have thought i was dying too. My Dr.s office insisted i come in to see if i had the unpolitically correct not swine flu....I asked if you could catch it on your dream trip to Cancun, because i haven't been to Mexico in years..

Good News, I am not suffering from the unswine flu, but, a massive kidney infection. I have been put on bed-rest, with strict orders to rest, drink, and take care of my-self. It is not working out real well so far. The children all pitched in to get ready for Sean's party, and the big kids got out their guitars, and played and sang the songs he likes. It was very sweet.

Today, is Monday, I still feel like i was run over by a massive truck, that backed over me for good measure, and as unbelievable as it seems to me, i am still running a fever.

Ben is off today, and trying to help out, of course Alexandra won't have anything to do with him, and just cries for me, but this chick has had it, and i am going back to bed.....

I have now been sick since thurs. , a life-time in mommy-land, so it will probably take me 2 months to get things back in order, Connor and Jon did the dishes last night, and i just sighed, shook my head and left the room...to everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven.

1 comments:

momoflots said...

Oh, dear, I'm so sorry you've been sick. Kidney infections are so icky!! My computer has been down so I haven't bee able to say Hi. The germs have returned to our house as well. Bummer!!

feel better soon - if I lived nearby I would bring over some soup and homemade bread and take the kids to my house to spend the day!! I so wish I could do that for you!!!