BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 8, 2009

oh be careful little eyes

I learned a song when i was very tiny called be careful. Granny sang it all the time with me. While we have filters on our computer, so we can keep out things we don't want in the home.

We live so far out in the bojacks(this is next door to out in the boondocks) that we can only receive 3 fuzzy channels with an antennae, our options are dish network or programming through our phone company. We have the limited t.v. package without the additional movie channels.

It is still so sad that t.v. or is it people have sunk so low. I used to watch soap operas all summer long with my mom and grandma...when iwas in college i would go to my moms on fridays, roll my grandmas hair for her and eat lunch watching Days of our lives. I had to completely give up my soap habit a few years ago. The content became so racy, i could no longer watch the shows with my children in the room.

I don't really watch network t.v. at all. I have never seen Dancing with the Stars, American Idol,Desperate Housewives, or even Sex in the City...I don't see what all the fuss is about...My friends have given up on me, i am so not cool...i see pictures of people on magazine covers, and i don't know who these skinny(would someone please feed them)people are.

I wish we had a filter on the t.v., then i could tune all the junk out of it i want. I know, it has an off switch . I have been snown to turn shows off because the kids are irritating, and i don't like smart aleck kids. Shows on my current hit list suite life of Zach and Cody , and icarly..These shows are marketed for tweens, and are supposed to be family friendly, but they are really obnoxious.

I do have a thing for watching DIY and HGTV . Ben would like me to give up these shows, as i am always finding new profects for him. He is very handy, but, prefers to be very handy tinkering on cars , he really loves to be out in the garage, or carport playing with his parts and tools and stuff.

He is taking next week off work to do some remodeling projects in our bedroom and master bath. We have been planning this for some time, and buying things on e-bay and at the ok to share discount store. I bought heavy metal gold knobs for our dressers, because i was sick of the pine knobs. Ben painted them black to match our iron hinges and we replaced all the hardware for 6..50. We are waiting for vessel sinks and faucets still. ben found a great deal on e-bay for 95.00 each complete set. We were looking at Lowes, but the same items would have cost 600.00 total .

I am a little nervous about everything he wants to get done this week. He is also planning to help me get ready for the graduation party we are giving friday night. Right now it is a knee -high swamp, jungle, step on the grass your shoe sinks 2 inches mess out there. My flower beds are weed havens and the poison ivy is thriving with all the rain. No big deal, i am just so allergic to it...and somehow i have to get this done, my house ready, shopping, decorating, cooking 2 toddlers, Ben in the middle of a major project, and i am only operating at half speed.

This is going to take a while, i had better start today. I am going to make my lists, and get everything ready to mow. The boys can pick up the toys while i work in my flower beds...Lord willing and the rain stops we may just make it. I am going to remind myself to be careful little mouth this week, because, i get irritable when i don't feel well, and Ben gets irritable when projects don't go as he plans them. That is the makings for bickering people. I need to remember to think before i speak and pray my bible verse. Be still, and know that i am God.

I am going to have to take these things one day at a time and not expect too much out of either of us...I am notorious(well its true) for planning things to the extreme, and stressing myself out over things i have no control of. I think instead of cooking everything, i may order sandwich trays and buy the meatballs already made. Maybe i need to slow it down a little bit..

2 comments:

momoflots said...

We're still waiting for sunshine too. They keep saying it coming and it just going to be tomorrow! I have to get out and work in my yard too. I hope you get up to full speed soon - It's no fun not having enough energy to do all the stuff that you want to (or need to)!! I also gave up my soaps many years ago for the same reason! I ran across one the other day by accident and was shocked!

momoflots said...

Oops, I didn't finish my comment before I pushed publish and then got called away from the computer - I just wanted to say Happy Mother's Day!!! Please, enjoy your day and rest!! Sounds like you've got tons going on - don't get sick again!!! Sending a Mother's Day hug your way.
~Christine