BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 22, 2009

3 kinds of lies

Today is officially the last day of school, however, the children have been out of school since tuesday. The dear Gov. signed a law that the children did not have to make up their snow days. We were really blasted by several ice storms this year. I found out Monday night.

I was totally unprepared for a house full of hungry people. I had my list ready , my menu planned, and tricked once again...Locusts don't have anything on 4 little boys..

Kyle and I are going to town to get some supplies today. Connor and Jonathan are going to a 4-H sleep over at the omni-plex in OKC tonight. They gave me their supply list last night after i sent them to bed ...oh yeah..here Mom...we need this tomorrow...

Ashley, Nicole, and Jonathan still have a month left of piano lessons and the recital is the middle of June..

Part of me really misses baseball/softball...This is the first year since 1992, we haven't had a child in summer sports. I am trying to pay attention to my scripture and not physically and mentally overwhelm myself. We are taking the summer off, sort of.

Ashley has been so upset lately, so-called friends, lies, that sort of thing. She is shocked, disgusted and hurt...I feel so helpless, I want to help her, but the world is like that...they say there are 3 kinds of lies. Lies, damn lies, and ...... I would like to protect my daughter from the ugliness of this world, but i know i can't...

Dear Lord~
surround my dear daughter with people who love her, and share her sense of right and wrong. Help her to see that all people she knows are not her friends...we get so few of those. She doesn't yet understand that professing to be a christian and loving the Lord, and actually being one are 2 different things...Look after her, protect her, guide her, and give me the wisdom a mother needs in these circumstances...

0 comments: