BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 31, 2009

everybody told somebody

It has been kind of rough around here lately. I have been so sick, and unable to stay on top of everything the Mama of a large family needs to keep up with. My pantry is disgraceful, everything is out of order, upside down, and sideways. The silverware...the utensils...everything is just put anywhere...Let's all play hide and go seek from Mom..where is the teaspoon, i don't know, where is the measuring cup? I didn't do it...

You get the idea. I went upstairs to check the childrens' bathroom, and the upstairs living area. Unbelievable.....They each have rotating turns cleaning these rooms. Everyone told someone they needed to do it, and no one did it...The two oldest girls hadn't done their job, and the trickle down effect was just shocking...Speaking of shocking, I went and checked the boys bedroom. I now know where all my missing bath towels are...in the floor of Connor and Jonathans' room. The truth is Jon is a pig, and no matter what Connor does, he can't keep up with the messes Jonathan aka pigpen makes.

Kyle has done basically nothing for the last 2 weeks, he makes all sorts of promises, and has great intentions, but he isn't following through on anything. He says just ask me Mom, and I say you are 19, just do it.. I shouldn't have to ask you. It is all basic stuff.

This is what happens when Mama gets sick, you are just not allowed to be sick...I plan menus' and post them, and have the ingredients purchased accordingly, but then they decide to throw out the plan and do something else, that means i have a hard time putting meals together after this has happened, or they can be pretty strange meals...

Ben wanted a buffet meal last week, and bbq. What i found today was he used two family packs of hamburger, 3 large packs of chicken, and 2 packs of ribs for one night. My freezer is virtually empty. I have 1 pack of chicken and a brisket, pecans and some vegetables.

We don't have enough left-over brisket from last night as we fed 12 people. I don't feel well enough to be very inventive, I can't make waffles or anything because the egg carton is empty...They also used 3lbs of butter in 1 week, I guess Ashley was baking again, because how do you use 3lbs of butter in a week?????

I was going to cook the turkey carcas and make turkey noodle soup, but it smells off to me, so i will feed that to the dogs tonight...Hurray i found 1 pack of pork chops in the freezer, i don't what i am going to do with them yet, but at least we will be eating....

I am ready to go back to bed, the pharmacy messed up my rx, and i didn't get it until yesterday afternoon, no wonder I don't feel any better. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day....

Bens' arm finally seems a little bit better. It is oozing puss, and blood. I wish he would have stayed home today, maybe i can convince him to come home early...We are supposed to meet Andrew and Tiffiany in Sulphur tomorrow, I hope we feel well enough to go. The children are very excited about going on a picnic, and swimming in the ice water. Me i have more sense. I never get in past my toes, that water is so cold....

I hope next week will go more smoothly, I am praying we all feel better.

1 comments:

momoflots said...

I know, if mom isn't right on top of things, stuff just goes crazy!! I wonder what happens to the food when my back is turned. They must inhale it!! Three teenage boys in the house makes it nearly impossible to keep any food around!!!