BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

who do you look like?

One of my friends, teases me all the time because i wear skirts or dresses everyday. I never owned a pair of pants until i was about 11. We always wore dresses. Granny said a lady should look like a lady.

I do wear pants occasionally, but i find skirts much more comfortable. This morning, i am wearing blue and silver flip flops, a denim skirt,and a black top with blue polka-dots. My friend that teases me so much, never, ever wears dresses, and often wears shorts!!!!to church on wed. I find that a little bit shocking. She belongs to the pentecostal holiness church, and i dress like it....

Tonight when i take the children to their music lessons, at the local church, i will be the only lady in a dress. They will have on shorts, sweats, jeans, anything and everything but dresses.

I asked why they don't wear dresses as most pentecostal holiness women do, and they told me, their bishop freed them from wearing dresses 20 years ago, and now they won't wear them at all.

It seems strange to be freed from wearing dresses, i like to look like a lady, and i think i feel more feminine wearing dresses, and it is a small reminder to me (who can be very difficult) that i literally don't wear the pants in my family, and i need to follow my husbands lead.

I see it as a matter of submission , my husband doesn't care if i wear skirts, but he likes it. I have been thinking, if we can't submit on earth to our husband, and the authority of the church, what does it say about our soul, and our ability to surrender and submit to God.

I don't have any answers, i am just working on it....I keep reminding myself to be still....

3 comments:

momoflots said...

I also wear skirts most of the time. I own 1 pair of jeans that I wear to the beach (my parents beach is very cold most of the time). After 8 kids I just don't find pants at all comfortable. I also love the idea of looking feminine all the time. (I do wear capri's sometimes but really not very often) I love skirts - I wear denim all winter and I have some fun long swishy, floaty spring and summer skirts - I really love long skirts - which is a very good thing since I rarely can find a short one for me (I'm only 4'11'' tall!) My hubby likes it that I like to look feminine although he doesn't have a strong opinion one way or the other about pants - he mainly wants me to feel good about myself (I'm no longer the skinny little thing he married - something about being pregnant so many times and needing so much chocolate to raise them without going insane!!) He thinks I look beautiful so he wants me to feel the same (He's awfully sweet!!) It's nice to know there are others who wear skirts and dresses most all the time as well!! BTW if it wasn't so chilly in the winter I would wear flip flops year around - I just love them - although I think my feet protest sometimes!

I agree with what you say about submission and our relationship with God!

I'm sorry you are feeling so drained - you've had such a long winter. I hope you can get some time to refill and refresh soon!! I am praying for you!!

momoflots said...

Right now I'm wearing a denim skirt and a hot pink tee-shirt and sandals. Tomorrow it's supposed to be warm - in the upper 70's so it will be one of my lighter skirts - I get so happy when I can get those out - it means summer is really on the way!! :0) I get desparate for sun - we have only about 52 sunny days a year here!!

Kimberly said...

I think skirts or even capris are more flattering to my been pregnant forever body...I also find aprons help me stay neater with so many little hands tugging on me.

I wear flip-flops most of the time, and only wear real shoes if i have to. I got 7 "new" skirts today at the Salvation Army, they were having a sale 2 bags of clothing for 5.00. It came out to 25 items of clothing, but the skirts i found were very high quality. I got my hair done today, i found some new skirts,and the sun was shining, it was a good day.