BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 18, 2009

they came in through the bathroom window

It has been crazier than usual around here this week. Ben took a week of vacation to remodel the bathroom, and help me get the house ready for the big graduation party. I t rained for 18 days straight...I didn't think Ben would be able to do anything in the yard, but he did a very nice job...

Tuesday we were going to get a few things at ok to share , and it started hailing. The hail started the size of grapes, and ended up the size of golf balls...The chickens all took cover on the porch except for one poor hen... she was dodging hail like she was the scorepad in a pinball machine, it was hysterical. She finally took refuge under our picnic tables, and said Noah send me an ark...the water was 4 inches deep, and she was up to her little chicken knees??? in it...

Ben had to scratch the plans to replace our bedroom window with french doors. The weather has not cooperated at all. The thunder and lightening was so bad thursday night that it struck next to our house and knocked out our modem. We had no t.v. or internet, until they came out and replaced it. The lightening hit right outside our bedroom window, and scared me to death, i jumped right on top of Ben and woke him up..

It didn't rain on Friday, and thankfully it dried out enough for Ben to mow around the front, and weed all the flower beds...I am very relieved the folding chairs didn't sink into the ground when people sat on them.

We had a huge crowd here Friday night after graduation for the party, Ben said why are we having a party when none of our children are graduating?????I said for our daughter-in-law, and our dear Shayla, and James Henry, they may not be ours, but they are ours.....

Ben took out our old bathroom window, and the boys and i went to home depot to purchase a window that opened, as ours was purely decorative, and it gets too hot and humid in there. The window had gone up 6.00 since we priced them, and the beadboard 4.00, i was annoyed.

I still don't have a window in,Ben is waiting until after he seals the tile, and finishes painting to install the new one, i hung a blanket, because i can't shower or use my bathroom with no window!!!He says we are out in the middle of no-where who is going to see you, i don't care, it makes me nervous...The absolutely worst part of it, is as soon as the rain stops, the dreaded june bugs come out, and I really hate!!!!!june bugs!!!!!they land on you with their pinchers and hold on to you yuck...every night they are flying through my house Alexandra is screaming bug bug, Ashley is screaming because the boys know she is afraid of them, and they keep throwing them at her. Christian hates bugs too, and he and i keep sweeping them out of the house.

I will be so happy to have a bathroom window, and a june bug free house...just a few more days...just a few more days....

1 comments:

momoflots said...

Oh, I have a horrible story about June bugs!! When I was a little girl in California I had to pick the berries off our Mulberry tree - I guess I stood in one place too long cause a june bug made it's way up my pant leg! I think it was as tramatized as I was!! (This same thing happened with a slug and huckleberries when I was older here in Washington state - maybe that why I'm always wearing skirts or capris - no long pants for me - they are trouble :0)!!! Hope your window gets fixed quick!!! Congratulations to Tiffany and James!!!