BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A new patron saint

Dear Fr. Matthew called to check on me today. He said he was feeling a bit concerned, and wanted to check in. He asked had I heard back from the Dr. about all my lab work, how was I feeling?

Well, the labwork came back showing I have an auto-immune disease. My Dr. doesn't know what it is , and is referring me to a rheumatoligist. I have been trying to stay positive,but today was just a bad day. No sleep, lots of pain, and then the last straw of finding out I won't be able to get a Dr.s appt. until Jan. or Feb.. It just took the wind out of my sails.

I was so angry. I have so much to do everyday. I have a 2 year old, and 9month old at home, plus Ashley in the wheelchair again. I can't even lift her wheelchair right now. Everyday, I have littleones to feed, bathe, dress, diapers,pottytraining,cooking,cleaning, and I can barely move some mornings. It takes all Gods' grace to get me through the things I have to do, and there is always so much more that needs to be done.

Fr. Matthew said I think perhaps, you need a new patron saint. You may have completely worn yours out. After all, more things happen to you than anybody I have ever known. I asked if he had any suggestions. St. Margaret Mary and St. Lydia may be tired of such hard work all the time. Are there any saints out there that want to intercede for a wife, mother of 9 in this world, and 3 in heaven, a very hard worker, who spiritually wants to know, love, and serve God. Physically needs a little help and a lot of prayers. You saints mull it over and get back to me.

0 comments: