BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Benjamin

I looked at my husband yesterday, and saw something that surprised me. I am so used to seeing him, I look at him everyday. This time he looked, just like the day before. An attractive man, more gray in his hair now,than a year ago. Not as thin as he used to be, well trimmed goatee. Then, I saw something more, I saw someone looking back at me, someone I hadn't noticed in awhile. The boy I fell in love with 28 years ago. The same eyes, the same mischievous smile, the same devil-may-care attitude.

I felt my heart soften. Why don't I see him more often? I have laughed, loved, and fought with this man all of my adult life. I need to remember to see him. Really see him. The man who adores me, thinks I am still sexy and beautiful even when I don't. Swears he likes curves on a woman, which is a very smart thing to say to a very sassy wife, that has been pregnant 11 times, and is still carrying 15lbs of babyfat from the birth of Miss Alexandra.

I fell in love with you when I was 14. I have never loved anyone but you, and I never will. I am proud to be your wife, and the mother of all these crazy I mean sweet children. I will try to be the sweet June Cleaver kind of wife once in a while, instead of the sassy brat .

Remember that sappy song from the 80's "Glory of Love" you owe me dinner,and a dance. I owe you an apology as usual.

0 comments: