BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 18, 2008

clutter

I have come up with a semi sort of plan to make up for my insane behaviour at the yard sale. As I have emptied the boxes, and put items away. I began hunting for unloved, or unwanted items to refill the boxes, and take them straight to the van, out of temptations way.

The whole box of jars she made me buy in order to get the glass baby bottles and blue Atlas jar, I am sending to the Jesus House as soon as I can finish filling the box. The 5 old painted dishes I bought for .50cents, well I think I can live without 1 or 2 of them , so they are going in the box too. I don't have to keep all the extra things, what a relief.

My box of baby dolls , need to be cleaned up. Some are pretty dirty. One little girl is called a dimples doll from 1968. I think I have found her original clothes. They need to be washed and ironed(groan),but I am putting her in Alexandras' room.

I am still trying to find the right spot to display my cookie jars/crocks. The colors don't look quite right when next to my apple red walls. I think the buffet in the dining area may work better. The earth tones should be happier next to the oak of the buffet. I can put my ivory ironstone soup tureens away for awhile.

I bought a beautiful frosted vase with gold trim and an ivory bedspread for Nicoles room and paid a total of .75 cents for the 2 items. She wants a french country look , and I am painting my iron bed black , and highlighting the floral details with a gold leafing pen. I think it will be really beautiful when finished.

Perhaps if I cleaned 90% of the stuff out of Nicoles' room, that would even out all the stuff I brought home.

0 comments: