BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween

Halloween is very strange here. Where I grew up, Halloween was on Halloween. Here it is on the night announced as Halloween. Last night, Oct. 30, was our officially sanctioned trick-or-treat.

We left early to get to Grandma Wandas' for our yearly popcorn balls. She made 80 of them this year. Next, we went to the fire station for a goody bag, and a photo op with Billie Jo. We headed for We-town, and went to the fall festival at New Life Church. The children take music lessons there, and have a lot of friends in the community.

They played lots of games, won oodles and gobs of candy, had their hair spray painted, their pictures taken, raced tri-cycles, and bounced on the jumbo bounce. After an hour and a half , this chick had, had it, and I began the monumental task of rounding up the troops.

Some 20 minutes later, with 7 children in tow, I made my way to the van, and collapsed in my seat, only one more stop. We went by Bobbie Sue's to see Kyli in her costume, and get more of the dreaded candy.

Today, the real Halloween was much calmer. Daddy brought home chinese food, I made alien/ghost cookies, and choc. covered pretzels. The children carved a pumpkin, and we roasted pumpkin seeds. Later everyone, and I mean everyone, dog-piled on my bed to watch my favorite Halloween movie, Young Frankenstein.

This year the gang dressed up as Nicole-Daisy Duke, Connor-baseball player zombie, Jonathan-zombie victim, Sean Patrick-spiderman, Christian-batman, Alexandra-tinker-bell. All the costumes were either home-made, or recyled. The tinker-bell costume, I purchased 16 years ago for Ashley.

0 comments: