BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 16, 2008

oops

For the past several months, I have been cleaning out drawers,closets, cupboards trying to remove the clutter from our lives. I have a long way to go, but I keep telling myself is it important? Does it bring you joy? Do you really Use/wear it? I have spent months trying to convince Nicole she does not need 500shirts, when she only wears 100 of them.

My good intentions have all gone to hell in a handbasket (it was such a cute basket though). If I bought new outfits , or items for the home , I donated my extras to the Jesus House. Now what am I going to do. I have completely lost my mind.

My dear neighbor Rosemary is having her yearly yard sale with Quitta, now, I know this doesn't sound like a crisis , but it is. Rosemary finds, rescues, reclaims, the best junk beautiful things ever, and she knows my weaknesses.

In 2 days we have spent 114.00$ all my mad money, and I brought home 2 van loads of stuff. I bought an antique baking cabinet for$5.00, be still my heart. I did buy a few christmas gifts, but most items were for our home. I bought a new bedspread for Ashley for $2.50, I bought 5 cookiejars(I know, but I only spent $15.00) I bought halloween decorations, an entire box of really cute things for $1.00. The most expensive items were $5.00, so you can imagine how much we brought home. I have had so much fun playing with these items, rearranging displays, I got the biggest kick out of a teapot I only paid $1.00 for it has 2 little girls on an ironstone type pot.

My dear friend wouldn't let me buy 2 old sad dollies, no I had to buy the entire box for the whopping price of $2.00. Then she wouldn't let me buy just the 2 dresses I wanted , but made me take the box, for the exorbitant price of $1.00. That's right, I spent all that money , just a few dollars at a time , no big ticket items.

Now I have to really step up my declutter work, and find oh about 100 items, and give them away. I wonder if I have to give away item per item , or say item per price. I got 5 hats for a quarter, so do I have to give away 5 items or 1 for the sale?

I truly love the antique doll carriage, I am putting it on Alexandras' dresser with rescued baby dolls in it, when she is a little older , I am going to put up the pink ironing board with iron. It will look so cute in her room. The carriage and stroller are too fragile for playing, but they will look great on display.

Rosemary called, she is taking more items down to the sale in the morning, and wanted to know if I wanted to see them first. Drat that Rosie , she knows me too well. I am a sucker for old jars, quilts, worn junk, gently loved things from the past, and old baby dolls that need a good home.

0 comments: