BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, September 14, 2008

sweet girl

It is so hard to watch a loved one suffer, struggle, endure. My sweet girl has been dealing with health issues her entire life, but one little slip, one fall, and everything is changed.
My daughter broke her hip 3 years ago, which was repaired by surgery. The bone however, did not recover, and she has limited mobility. Sweet girl has spent the last 3 years in and out of a wheelchair. Thursday afternoon, baby girl slipped and fell on top of her sister. She landed right on top of her fragile hip. She can't put any weight on it. She is unable to sit in her wheelchair for any length of time. She needs help to bathe, she is usually so stoic , she tries to hide her pain.
This time she can't . The simplest movements cause her to scream in agony
Her pain mskes me physically ill. I know the scriptures, I even have faith, but, the day to day reality of her pain, I just don't understand.
I have often heard the expression take up your cross. Is her suffering my cross?
Smiling, even laughing through tears is our normal. Will she ever walk again without pain?
I wish I was an optimist, one of those glass half full kind of girls, but I'm really not. I'll just pray for the grace to get through today.

1 comments:

American Homemaker said...

You don't have an email address on your profile, but you were one of my pay it forward winners, so to recieve a little something to brighten you day, please send me your snail mail address :)

americanhomemaker@gmail.com