BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 15, 2008

Our Lady of Sorrows

Today is the feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows, she is very dear to me. 6 years ago Sept. 15,2002, was the due date of my 7th child. He died 17weeks into my pregnancy, and I still miss him. Luke Gabriel was born on April 9,2002. He had blond hair and blue eyes, all his fingers, and toes. He greatly resembled his brother, Jonathan.

God held me up during those terrible dark days after the loss of my child. I am glad to have carried this precious little one,even though he was not meant to know me in this world.

For years I was so sad he spent his brief life alone, and then one day I found the book "Angel in the Waters" it is the story of an unborn baby and his guardian angel keeping him company in the womb and counting the time until birth.

Thank you God for the gift of this book, and the realisation my dear son was never alone. For 6 years I have decorated Our Ladys' Altar in memory of my son, and the gift God gave back to me...I fainted on Sunday,Sept. 15,2002, it was on that bittersweet day I discovered we were blessed again and on April 30,2003 5 weeks early , Sean Patrick Charles was born.

Eternal Rest Grant unto them oh Lord, and may your perpetual light shine upon them, Amen.

0 comments: