BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

prayer

My good neighbor Rosemary called Sunday to check on things, and I gave her the rundown. A houseful of sick children, Ashley back in her wheelchair, refridgerator dead. She said she'd ask her church to pray for Ashleys recovery. I said , if its not too much trouble can you pray about my fridge too? I felt a little weird asking a church to pray about my appliance problem.

If his eye is on the sparrow is this too much to ask about. Dear neighbor said no problem, people pray about appliances all the time. It's a very common request. I was a little surprised,but if its not insulting to the almighty I was in.

Monday, a friend from our parish called to see why I hadn't been at church, and I gave her the litany. She said, we are all family, why don't you let someone help you when things are so crazy?
Tell us what you need . I laughed at her and said, silly girl, a margarita, and a fridge would be nice. She made a few phone calls, Fr. Adrian , went to visit her Aunt and Uncle, and by Monday night I had a fridge.

I know , I know "ask , and ye shall receive, seek, and ye shall find" ... Just sign me up with old St.(doubting) Thomas.

0 comments: