BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

teach your children well

Tiffiany often accompanys me on my trips to the Salvation Army. She loves to hunt for a bargain also, but my excitement at finding great deals just, well tickles her. She literally laughs at me. Sometimes she doesn't see what i see until i play with it and break out the spray paint, but they say she who laughs last...

Ashley and Tiffiany went to Wewoka yesterday afternoon, they called me frantically. Mom, we need help, send Kyle with the truck, we'll explain later...I dutifully did as they asked...and they came home with an antique chair and sofa, the man gae them a lamp for good measure. The items are solid, and will eventually need to be recovered, but for now a throw will work. The woodwork on them is worn with age, but very beautiful. Ashleys' care is still sitting in the entryway as she has yet to corral the teenage boys long enough for them to schlep it up the stairs. I absolutely forbid her and Tiffiany from trying. Tiff is game for anything, but i live in fear of Ashley slipping and falling.

Tiffiany came in today, she had been to Wewoka again, and said Mom, you have to get well. Andrew and I went to talk to the man who gave us the furniture, and today he gave me a lamp. He is cleaning out an old shop that used to have an antique store in it. He said it is full of all sorts of junk Mom, and he said we can have anything we want....It saves him from having to haul it away. We need to go tomorrow before he throws away something you will love...She is trying to talk me into getting well. If antibiotics don't work try temptation and bribery....

I am really hoping I feel better tomorrow. It is rainy and cold today, so on top of my infection and temp. my fibromyalgia has decided to be very bad. I really want to go with her tomorrow, i remember that antique store, who knows what i might find in that old building, i had better skip the flip-flops and put shoes on, if a bug ran across my foot, i may have some sort of attack.

Ben asked what in the hell is the big chair doing in my entryway, where did it come from, who did it? I just said Ashley did it, he shook his head and walked away...here we go again

1 comments:

momoflots said...

Oh - I hope you can go - I'm just dying to know what treasures might be in there!!!! I just love antique shops!!! I'd just drop if a spider crawled across my foot = I hate spiders!!! I'm just bummed you are still under the weather - you seem to be way to active to be sick so long!!