BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 15, 2009

feed me Seymour

Tiffiany came over Saturday morning to take me to Walmart for a few supplies, and to the grocery store to pick up a few things. I need to do a serious shopping, but i haven't had the energy, and Kyle has been doing most of my shopping after work at the big Wal-mart he works at.

I really appreciate all the shopping he has done for me, but it has taken a toll on my grocery budget. It is always a little bit of a shock when the children get out of school. They have been home for a month now, and i have come to the conclusion that children eat constantly. They are kind of like cows and just graze all day long.

We go through a gallon of milk, 2 loaves of bread, lots of butter, a lb of lunch meat, crackers, graham crackers and lots of fruit every day. Every other day they tell me there is nothing to eat in the house. I make lists, i offer suggestions, and i hear the same thing over and over.

The babies and I eat a very simple lunch. It is left-overs or some sort of sandwich. For some reason, they think i need to cook them lunch everyday. I say to them hello, it is 98 degrees plus humidity, i don't want to eat, let alone cook . I turned the air conditioner on last week. I don't want to heat the house up by cooking non-stop. I am not a short-order cook!!!!

We alternate breakfasts between hot items and cold cereal, so they are not entirely mistreated. They have a nice supper every night, these are not neglected children. I just don't want to cook all the time....

Since i have been so ill this spring, the girls and Ben have really helped with the cooking, i don't have the energy i normally have, and tend to fade in the afternoon. Thank goodness for crock-pots. They are really a busy mommys best-friend. I even found a way to cook a large amount of "baked potatos" in the crock pot.

Tomorrow night, we are having bbq chicken, crock-pot potatos, corn on the cob and a tossed salad. I am supposed to make Ben lemon squares. I was too tired tonight.

I have to plan the childrens meals for wednesday and thursday as i will be at the hospital. Ashley and Kyle are both able to cook, but they want me to keep it very simple. They would prefer pizza, but they want pizza hut to make it if mama isn't home to roll out the crust.

I have a lot of anxiety about the whole hospital visit. I really hate the very idea of going. I dread the i.v. They can never get them in me. I have been stuck over and over. I am hoping the anesthesiologist puts it in. They at least numb my arm with lido-caine before they start digging.
I do not want a catheter either, but lucky me, i have won the lottery....

I think my past hospital experiences just add fuel to my anxiety. I know i need to relax, and be calm, it is just getting there.

1 comments:

momoflots said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.