BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 12, 2009

it's raining again

It has been such a wet spring, I thought it would never stop raining, but it did. Now we are having thunderstorms. Somehow this is supposed to be different rain, but frankly it is still raining, except it is loud. Thunderstorms are very loud, bright too, with all that lightning around. We are quite behind on the mowing, and have only been able to keep it down around the houses.

There will be a huge hay harvest this summer. It is almost 3 feet high now. We found an area on the east side of the house that never seemed to dry out after the rains. I called the man that reads our meter, and he said congratulations, you have a water leak.

Kyle dug a hole about 5 feet long and 3 1/2 feet deep to track down the leak while i was at the Dr.s' office Wednesday. It was much worse than they thought. Ben and Abe our water guy decided to tackle the project together. Ben took off work Thursday and Abe picked up the parts for the job. Andrew, Nicole, Connor and Jonathan took turns digging, baling out the hole, shifting mud. I am glad ??? I was at my other Dr. Appt. , i think all the mud would have driven me nuts. Mud doesn't bother Daddys' the same way, because they don't have to scrub the mud out of the clothes.

I am happy to report we no longer have a water leak. They finished up working on it about 7:00 last night, just as i came in from my appt. They have to wait until everything dries out to fill in the hole. For the time being, we can't let the little ones outside without close supervision. I don't want a child to fall in the hole. Knowing my children, they would find a big muddy hole a fascinating place to play.

I saw my rheumatologist on wed., and the urologist on thurs., i have had my fill of Dr.s offices for a long time. I was very stressed out and upset by the whole urologist thing. I have to have a procedure done at the surgical center next week. I would really like to back out, or find some one to take my place. I don't like needles, and i am facing a few. I don't like to be messed with at all, and they are going to mess with me. Ben said i need to just stay focused on getting better.

I am going to try, i do feel very anxious and neervous. I need to call Granny because i haven't told her yet, and then i will go back to praying for peace and strength.

At least we don't have a water leak....

2 comments:

50s Housewife said...

Glad your water leak is fixed! I'll be praying for your procedure to go smoothly and for your peace of mind about it.

momoflots said...

It's true the very first place the kids will go is to the mud or the big hole!! It hardwired in them - go to place that will make the biggest mess or scare Mom the most!! I'm sorry you are having to go through these medical things!! I'm praying for you!!