BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

summer

Ben is feeling better today, and is back working on the bathroom. He is putting up the tile around the bathtub. We have decided to trim out the shower the same way, so we need to make another trip to Lowes', but it is an hour away, and we really haven't had the time or energy to tackle that.

Kyle is mowing, hallelujah, amen...The little boys weeded my flower bed this morning, and all i have to say about that is i hope i have some balloon flowers left...Everything looks like a weed to a 10 & 11 year old.

Alexandra got up at 6:15 this morning, I didn't lose my coffee today, but there was no one to distract me. We ate breakfast together, and then she nursed and went back to bed. I folded laundry, swept the living room, fixed the white chenille bedspreads i put on the couch and chair in the summer, i think they are cooler, and cleaner. When my children put their dirty selves on them, i just pull them off and throw them in the washer. I arranged my massive quantities of pillows, and then i sat down to listen to a sermon from Mars Hill Church. I do receive the homilies and bulletins each week from Fr. Adrian, but i enjoy the plainspoken practicality of Mark Driscoll.

My temp. has come back, so it is time to lay down again. No one else got up until after 10:00 this morning. It was eerily quiet. Sean Patrick woke up and sat on my lap while i listened to the sermon. He is getting so tall.

I am so glad we are not playing ball. Nicole is going to a photography clinic next week, the following week Ashley is going to Senior Day for small town students at OU. They will be taking the students out for 2 meals and an undisclosed special activity...best of all it is free...

The children still have piano lessons until June 24th and their recital is June 26. I have started making lists for our camping trip it is like planning for a military manouever. Andrew and Tiffiany, Kyle and Timmi, James Henry plus all the rest of us will be there, and i wouldn't be surprised if Tony came down on his day off work. We are only going an hour away, because i don't ride well, and i have are we there yet syndrome.

We have to get 2 campsites because we need several tents, and have so many people it is much nicer to have room to spread out. We will be taking the dogs also, and they all need their rabies shots updated. Ben and Maggie will sleep out under the stars together, Otto will bark at the wind, i don't know how Pepper will act, but i think she will sleep in the tent, and enjoy it.

Ashley and Nicole received the sad news their trip to Teen talent Nationals in North Carolina had been cancelled. They were both so excited about the trip, it was Nicoles first year of competion in the Teen division. The girls had raised $3000.00, but needed 7000.00 more dollars for the 13 girls and 6 adults. It was decided it wasn't the time to ask the community to pitch in so much money, and the individual families couldn't make up the shortfall. Next year the competition is in Orlando...

I am sorry for the girls, but it is a relief not to be facing 3-4 rehersals a week for the next , and then both my big girls gone for a week to North Carolina.

I am hoping for a low-key summer, but lets' be realistic, i have 8 children at home 2 next door, and countless drop-ins. How low- key can it be?

1 comments:

momoflots said...

I love reading about your day. My day yesterday got so crazy - it just really blew up and at the end I had 4 extra kids for dinner (it's a good thing I'm trying to loose weight :0) Mars Hill Church is not very far from our home and my oldest son goes there on Sunday evenings with his friends. I've heard it's a really great place - they seem to really appeal to young singles around here. I'm always so glad when Tim chooses to go! Low key summers are hard to find for sure!! I think the last one I had was when I was 12 and my Mom had to do all the work :0)