BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 20, 2009

bricktown

Wednesday morning we dropped off Ashley for her trip to OU, and headed to OKC. As a surprize, Ben made reservations for a suite at one of the Hotels in Brick town. We never stay there because it is so expensive. Our suite was lovely, and it overlooked the pool, and the Brick-town canal.

We spent the day doing a lot of nothing, swimming in the pool and just relaxing. Ben wanted to take my mind off the next days events, and he did a really great job. I enjoyed playing in the pool with Nicole and Alexandra. I even bought a new swimsuit.

We went to Bass Pro Shop, Oklahomas' favorite vacation destination. They sell everything you never knew you needed for camping, fishing, hunting and boating. Alexandra loves the displays in the store and gets very excited about the large fish tank. I think it is so funny that people spend the whole day in there. If they had a cafe, some people would never leave.

Nicole wanted to eat dinner at Toby Keiths' Bar and Grill. It was way too loud for me, and so expensive. We decided on Earls BBQ. They have the best okra, i didn't have to make. It was wonderful.

After dinner, we wandered all around the canal area and ate really decadent ice cream at the marble creamery. We went back to the hotel, and swam some more, and then off to bed. We had to be at the hospital at 7:00.

Ben really went out of his way to help me to relax and have a lovely day. He knew my anxiety levels were sky-high. I was really calm until we got to the surgical center, and there was a hill-billy family from hell there having a party in the waiting room. They were so loud, i couldn't hear the questions the receptionist and nurse were asking me. I finally asked if someone got confused about where the party was at, because i thought it was a hospital.

They finally asked them to quiet down. It was unbelievable. They even had food...who has a party in a waiting room????I was almost relieved(almost) to go back into surgery, at least i escaped the crazy loud people.

I remembered to pray, and even to offer up the pain afterwards, but i can't help but be grateful they only stuck me 3 times for the i.v.. It slipped out and they couldn't get it securely in the vein. The 2nd nurse said the only good vein i had was where they would normally draw blood. I said please use a good vein.

It must have been a good one, because the last thing i remember was being put on the operating table, and then lights out...I am still recovering, and face some additional procedures this summer+ 6 months of antibiotics, but i keep telling myself the goal is to be healthy and feel good again. I have way too much to do, to not feel well.

Alexandra has been so clingy since my hospital visit. She stays with me all the time, which is fine,except she wants to sit on my tummy, and that is not so good. I am still very sore. Tomorrow is another day, and i know it will be a better one.

1 comments:

momoflots said...

So good to hear that you are home and your sweet hubby took such good care of you!! I hope you heal quickly and are able to enjoy a summer a little!!! I'm still praying for you!

Christine