BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Daddy

21 years ago my husband became a Daddy for the very first time, and while he is an experienced Daddy now, it has never become old or routine.

From the first moment he held Andrew and looked into those big brown eyes he fell in love, and i have watched him fall in love all over each time he held one of our babies. He fell in love with the new life we helped to create, and he fell in love with me.

I laughed the first time he struggled to dress Andrew, and change his first diaper ever, and i laughed every time he put one of the babies shirts on backwards. He insists they don't make babies clothes properly. Whoever heard of shirts that buttoned up the back????

I have watched him teach his children to play ball, fish, set up tents, cook, work on cars all the sorts of things Daddys' teach their little ones. I have watched him develop relationships with his grown sons, and growing daughters, all while juggling the needs of 4 little boys and a baby girl.\

He is an amazing man, and my hero. I don't say that lightly or just because i love him, it is the fact that for 25 years, he has got up and gone to work everyday to provide for my needs and the needs of our ever-growing family. I respect who he is as a person, and who he has grown to be, because he put the love of his wife and children first.

He may never be rich, he may never be famous, but he has so many gifts that money just can't buy. Happy Fathers' Day sweetheart, i think i love you more now than ever.

1 comments:

momoflots said...

How lovely - Daddy's are the best!!! Happy Father's Day Mr. Tucker!!