BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I have been puzzling for sometime what kind of window treatments to put in Nicoles' french boudoir, her walls are wheat, she has my iron princess bed we painted it out black, and used a gold leafing pen to decorate all the trim on the bed. Her bedspread is ivory chiffon i found at a yardsale for .25cents. For part of her Christmas gift i found beautiful pillows clearanced out at pier 1 for $5.oo each. They are ivory with purple. I want a very romantic look, almost like a canopy surrounding the bed, but i haven't been able to afford any of the things i liked.

Today i found the Nester again, and read her entries on her window mistreatments, and it may be the fever talking, but i am just crazy enough to think i can do this... Every time i get sick, i get a little stir crazy, then the wheels start turning. Ben says will you just stop planning and thinking!!!! Not going to happen.

I painted out the chandelier black, and i am looking for some crystals to add to it, because Nicole takes after her Mama and can be alittle over the top. I feel inspired to break out my glue gun, and some tacks and have at it...I had just better wait a little while, if Ben catches me on a ladder he may jerk a knot in my tail...

Alexandras' room is white and bright pink toile wallpaper and white bead board. She has a brown chenille type bumper pads, a pink satin, and dotted chenille blanket with an assortment of pink sheets. Her windows have white plantation shades on them, but no actual window dressing. Her crib is pink, her shelves are painted ...you guessed it pink...and i have decorated with family heirlooms. Her great-grandmas 2nd grade Peter Rabbit book, her grandfathers baby book, a little cup that belonged to her great-great Aunt Laura, and pictures of her great-great Aunt Helen, and Aunt Helens autograph book from grade-school. Oh there is an assortment of china dolls given to me over the years, and other pink or flowered cups and things i have collected. Having 12 years between girls sent me into pink overload. It is ironic as my little Lola as i call her loves red, and looks wonderful in red. She really takes after my Mother.

Anyway, i drift..i found absolutely perfect pink and brown polka-dot sheers for her room with pink and brown ribbon trim on the valance, the only problem is they cost $100.00. I absolutely cannot pay $100.00 . I do however have a ton of bright pink dingle ball trim courtesy of Rosemary, i also have rolls of brown and pink grosgrain ribbon from her also, dare i mistreat the babys windows also.

1 comments:

momoflots said...

I would just love to see pictures!! You are so creative!! I also love pink for my baby girls!! Boys are fun but for the girls it's all about pink!!!