BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 2, 2009

Birthday Boy

Yesterday, my baby boy Kyle turned 19. He is such an amazing person. I am so proud to be his Mama. He is my second child, born 2 years after his older brother, and true to character a month early.

I have learned so many things from Kyle. I have learned to be flexible, he is the baby that only slept 4 hours a day. I learned to carry a clean shirt in the diaper bag because, everything that went down came back up, and usually it was all over me.

I learned the quickest route to the emergency room, the Dr.s' home phone # and office # by heart. Kyle is fearless. He has always been fearless. There is nothing he wouldn't try or climb. He is a go-getter. He can run faster,lift more, hang by one arm, jumb off the roof, anything you can think of he can do, and better.

He broke his foot jumping off a retaining wall at 2, He had a concussion at 3 falling off the top of a child safety approved climbing toy. When Kyle was 4 he broke his arm hanging off the swing -set in the backyard with one arm. 2 days later, with his new cast on, I see him repeating the same action.

Most every gray hair I have had to cover up is his fault. His endless ability to find hair-raising stunts has terrified me. The things he thinks are acceptable entertainment such as mattress sledding in his friends pasture, jumping out of trees, very, very high trees into Rock Crusher Lake, I will never understand. He has a joie de vivre that few people possess.

I never understood why those crazy people would climb Mt. Everest. To my mind, that is just plain nuts. Because it's there? So what? I'd prefer a spy visit anyday. But, thanks to my dear son Kyle I now know what kind of person climbs Mt. Everest, just becaus it's there.

Happy Birthday, Dear Sweet Kyle. You have been a great joy in my life,and introduced me to a whole roller coaster ride of things, I would have never seen without you. I Love You~ Mama

0 comments: