BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 26, 2009

ash wednesday

I should know better than to plan anything, life just goes much smoother when i don't announce the plan. I like to plan things, I make lists someone it makes me feel like I have a plan when really the plan changes at a moments notice around here.

The plan to have dinner on the table by 5:00 and be out the door by 6:30 for ash wednesday services went out the window when Ashley started throwing up in the wee hours of the morning, I joined her a few hours later, and then began running a fever. The baby has the runs, her nose , and her bottom, and won't stop climbing the furniture to dance upon it.

I can barely stand and am really struggling with a flare up of pain.

Thank goodness, Nicole came to the rescue. She wrangled the 2 little ones and cooked supper for the entire family. When I ventured out of the bedroom, I was greeted by a complete and utter mess. My boys behaved like the visigoths sacking Rome, and my house shows it. The little ones ran wild in my room, and I was too sick to care. The horde ransacked my living room, made short work of the dining area, the downstairs bathroom, the laundry room Alexandras' room some marauder dumped to entire sock basket and a box of diapers in her room. Every bowl, spoon, and glass in my house is dirty and all over the counters, my sink runneth over, and it starts all over today. I am still running a fever, Ashley is in bed with the covers over her head,Alexandra is still sick, and still climbing every piece of furniture we own. I am going to change her name to monkey, allthough that might not be appropriate, because she can climb up, but she can't climb down.

I am going to sip on some herbal tea, and try some toast, Alexandra has thrown her toast on the floor, she probably plans to dance on it. I am going to shield my eyes, and make my way to the laundry room and start a load, then I am going to put something in the crockpot to cook itself so that the horde of vandals and visigoths, don't become a hungry horde. Once these things are accomplished, I am going to take my wee ones, and retire to my bedroom. My head hurts and I want to lay down. It is much easier to chase them when it is confined to 1 room.

My prayers and blessings for a holy and reverent lent. I hope that things improve here soon. I was unable to receive blessed ashes yesterday, and I don't think being covered in baby snot counts, but my voation as a mother constantly reminds me that we are called to die to self.
Not my will or my plans but yours lord.

0 comments: