BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

st. valentines' day

I had planned a nice dinner for my family for st. valentines day. I decorated the table with a rose tablecloth, and a white linen embroidered cloth over it. I brought out the rose candle holders I made for Andrew and Tiffianys reception and placed some around the dining area and sprinkled red rose petals left over from the wedding. I save everything I think.

I made the cupcakes Christian saw on the cover of BH&G, and had been carrying around for weeks. My menu was planned, and then the fun began. Ashley was slicing the potatoes, Nicole was putting together a salad, I had assembled my ingredients, and opened the pork tenderloin Ben purchased the night before, and it was rancid. 1. I absolutely couldn't believe it and, 2. I almost sat down and cried. I really wanted to have a lovely dinner prepared when Ben came in , not to mention the fact that I had 12 count them 12 hungry mouths to feed, and not enough of anything else to throw together at the last minute to feed that many people. I called Ben at work, so discouraged , he said babe go lay down and get off your feet, I know you are completely worn out, I will pick up some steaks and grill them when I get home, and so he did.

My valentine gave me my engagement ring 26 years ago as my valentine present, and while he is not big on cards or flowers, his actions still say I love you, today and every other day.

0 comments: