BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 5, 2009

confession

Last night was Sacred Hearts' before Easter confession service. It was a little early this year,but we made a good showing. The only Tucker that didn't make it was Ashley, and she will see Fr. Adrian on Sunday.

I like to take the younger children even though they don't go to confession. I think kneeling and praying together, talking to God about our sins, or as I tell Sean when we are naughty or willful. I help the little ones to ask God in their heart to forgive anything wrong they have done.

With Ben, Andrew, and Kyle all working strange schedules, it isn't often we are all in the same place at the same time. I like seeing the children kneeling asking God for forgiveness, or helping the younger ones remember their prayers so they can complete their penance.

Fr. Adrian had many helpful things to say, and he is so very gentle and kind. Our Parish has been blessed to be entrusted to his care. I hope we all grow in holiness through his example.

My very dear Fr. Matthew was hearing confessions last night. He really looked good, and was in fine spirits. He asked if I had been behaving myself lately, and I said not a chance, how about you and he just cracked up. He hugged me so tight, I really miss seeing him every week, even though I know at 86 the care and responsibilities of 3 parishes were just too much for him.

I pray God continues to bless us with Fr. Matthew. He has been such an influence on me personally. I think to him I am the daughter he never had, at least he bosses me around more than anyone else.

I hope this Lent we all continue to grow in faith, and live out our vocations as God has called us to. Help us Lord to live for you, and to live in you, and with you. Make our daily walk recognizable as a walk with you. It isn't easy being the only catholic family in our town, help us to be good witnesses for you.

0 comments: