BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

motherhood

I know I am not the adventurous type, but I do live in rural oklahoma, and encounter perils on the prairie I never experienced in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Who knew you were risking life and limb, by painting your toe nails red, and wearing flip flops. Having to run a gauntlet of chickens all trying to peck your toes is a daunting experience. chickens can fly really high when kicked soundly in the behind.

Have you ever hung clothes on the line in the gentle blowing breezes of oklahoma. If you don't know how to pin correctly, you'll be retrieving your clothes from the next county.

Not to mention the snakes, bugs, and varmints in this state. I really hate things that creep, crawl, or slither. God, in is infinite wisdom and mercy, and I dare say with a sense of humor has given me 6 sons to collect all manner of things, and bring them to me with great pride and joy " Look what I caught Mama", or what they might hide in their closet in buckets, or the frogs in the bathtub,or pockets.

Life is never dull out here. I cringe when they say guess what, because you never,ever know what these boys will do. Kyle and James were playing catch with the chickens a few days ago, I told them if they hurt my chickens, they'd be plucking them feathers and dressing that hen. They stopped, for now.

Alexandra is ready to go back to bed, and Christian is ready for breakfast, time to get back to work.

0 comments: