BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, March 7, 2009

fireproof

Ben and I finally got a chance to watch the movie Fireproof this weekend. We both really enjoyed it. I thought it was a sweet and thoughtful movie. I had heard so much about it being a moving force, and the saver of marriages.

I read a scathing review about it today questioning everything about the movie. A feminists dream and full of propoganda.

My take was much simpler, I saw a couple who didn't deal with God on any level, "good people" living a modern life. They didn't even deal with each other. They had empty lives, and an empty home. The husbands 40 day commitment to love his wife no matter what, touched my heart. Sometimes, it just takes 1 person to act or live, or love heroically to make a difference in a marriage.

What would you do for your marriage? Isn't this movie just a reminder that we are called to die to self, and love heroically. It is so easy to blame the other person, and to find their faults when perhaps we need to look in the mirror and confront our own.

I am trying to let my husband know I love and appreciate his sacrifices for our family. I want our marriage to continue to grow and be even stronger 24 years from now than it is today.

0 comments: