BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 12, 2009

winters' back

I can't believe it. I was tricked, fooled into thinking spring was here. The blossoms forming on my trees, and my 100 daffodils, all lies. It has been beautiful weather in the 70's I was even feeling a little relief to my constant companion pain, and then wham it is winter again.

I could cry. It sleeted today,my sidewalks around the house iced over and the wind blew and howled. It dropped 40 degrees from Monday to Tuesday. With the extreme weather change, the swelling came back in my hands so quickly, by the time I could get my wedding ring off , my finger was bleeding.

Alexandra stood at the front door and cried to go out and play, but it is just too cold. She is already sick, with a runny nose and a terrible cough. I don't want to take a chance on her getting any worse. Christian is also sick, it is going to be a very long night. They have coughed themselves awake twice, and it is only 1:00 a.m. bed and sleep seem very far away right now.

I hope my body holds up, as I think I am in for a very long night. I ache from head to toe, and long to crawl into my nice warm bed, and pull the covers over my head, but my babies are sick and need me nearby. I think it will be the recliner and a blanket for me.

Dear Lord, be with my babies tonight as they struggle with this illness. Keep them safe, and help them to rest . Give me the strenght I need to comfort and care for them tonight, and the self-control not to be a grouch tomorrow. Your words are running through my head, and as I hum your psalms help me to remember my strength comes from you Lord.

1 comments:

50s Housewife said...

Hope everyone is feeling better soon. We have been hit with winter again too (and just last week it was in the 80s).