BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 29, 2009

adventures in advent land

Today is the official kick-off to the season of Advent...the children repeated the same fairy tale several times. They asked it is the end of Thanksgiving weekenem where is our Christmas Tree?

I have decided to slow down my time frame, entryway, advent candle wreath,and the fireplace and mantle...I am going to decorate the dining room , and kitchen dining room tomorrow,but i am not sure where we will put our trees....

I vaguely recall a crazy woman who did all her decorating over thanksgiving and the next week started baking....I am no longer that girl, i don't want to be so rushed , so pulled, i am now making an effot to be still among the craziness...

We begin with the first hymn, andJer 33:14-16...we begin to wait...I am trying to do one room at a time, and tie it in with my fireplace theme of white, bule, silver and gold,it should be interesting and over the top.

I want all light inplace and ready to go on the great reveal...the feast of S. Lucy her birthday.....every little girl should be surrounded by christmas lights....advent

1 comments:

momoflots said...

You remind me that I need to go dig out my advent calendar!! I don't start decorating until after the December 1 birthday so later this week I'll get started.