BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fruit

I missed Connor and Nicoles' 1st Basketball game Monday night. The girls lost, and the boys won. I had to attend the school board meeting to discuss the pamphlets distributed after the meet you at the pole event in September.

I really hate attending school board meetings, because they tend to be long-winded an hour and a half...I will if necessary..Fr. Adrian met us there, and addressed the school board first...he talked about prayer, and that the event was supposed to be non-denominational and unify the students as they put away religous differences and just prayed with each other...he also told the school board we were not opposed to prayer in any way, just the pamphlets...

The school board and i had received the same letter from the woman who was behind the distribution, and she had sent a threatening letter to the school, and down-loaded a packet from the American Center of Law and Justice that she thought supported her actions...once i put the fire out of my hair and re-read the packet, i did what anyone who has listened to the group on the radio for years, and been on their e-mail list would do, i called them....

They wanted to see the pamphlets, as did the Catholic League...I really don't have the time or energy to devote my life to this battle, but some things you just have to do whether you like it or not...

The school board ruled that no pamphlets of any kind can be passed out on school grounds without prior approval of the school board...the superintendant told me, he thought this was just the beginning, and we would have on-going problems...i tend to agree as the 3 letters i have received have been a little over the top...this woman, has wrapped her-self in the flag, constitution, and bible all at the same time, and seems un-able to admit she may have used poor judgement in distributing the anti-catholic pamphlets at school...

I did ask the pastor of the baptist church to provide the school board members with copies of the all the pamphlets his church had purchased...they were fresh out...luckily the superintendant kept our copies and brought them for all the people to read...they were shocked and disgusted by the ugliness, one board member apologised to us for having our children exposed to them...

I keep reminding myself of the fruits of the Holy Spirit...I know it will all work out, I just need to focus on Gods' word and leave in his hands...i don't know what has happened in this womans' life she thinks she is just telling people about Jesus, and she can pass out anything she wants even on school property...i contend she can tell anyone and everyone about Jesus, but if you don't show it in your actions, everything you say will fall on deaf ears...she thinks she has had a religous breakthrough, i wonder if she has had some sort of breakdown...her actions don't seem to reflect the fruits of the Spirit...I hope mine will...

The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit are wisdom,understanding,counsel, fortitude,knowledge,piety, fear of the Lord, and 3 theological virtues are faith, hope and love...lord grant me these gifts, and also the grace for forgiveness...please help me to remember to pray before speaking....and my hair is already auburn i don't need it on fire...

On a happier note tonight Connor and Nicole have another home game, and i am planning to attend...I have been up since 3:00 with sick children it would not be a good time for her to confront me again...i tend to have less patience when i am exhausted...i better pray before i go...

2 comments:

momoflots said...

My goodness!!! This is just too, too bad!!! If she would just stop and listen she would understand you are on the same side!! God's side!!! Why in the world does she think she needs to convert you and your family?!!! If she would only stop and listen she should hear your faith and understand that you already know Jesus and love Him!!! There are so many really lost people out there!!! I am very curious to know who the pamphlets came from - I am so hoping since you mentioned a radio show and mailing list that it isn't Focus on the Family!!!

Kimberly said...

The pamphlets came from a group called Chick Publications, the radio show she consulted was Jay Sekulow Live and the American Center for Law and Justice...