BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 13, 2009

a new day

The sun is hiding behind some very gray clouds this morning, and the wind is really blowing out of the north, i poked my nose out the door just to wave one last time as the little ones walked down the drive-way to meet their bus.

You can see it is cold by their body language heads tucked down from the wind, shoulders pulled in, i don't think their sweat jackets are adequate defense this morning...Oklahoma is like that, huge weather shifts day to day, sometimes hour to hour...

The wind is attacking the last hangers on, and i watch my leaves drift and dance their way to the ground, i will miss them when they are gone. The stark beauty of naked trees only appeals to me for a short time, and then i long for leaves, and buds...i guess by the time one season has become well established i am ready for the next...

Mr. Mcknights flag looks so beautiful, it is standing straight out and the wind is gentle moving it, the colors really stand out with the black naked pecan trees behind it..i found out i do have pecans after all on my favorite tree, but unless the wind brings them down, the only one that will enjoy them is the crows.

The bus is coming i see my children pick up their bookbags and then out of the corner of my eye i see something, my heart stops for a moment and i hold my breath, dear Lord no, protect them angels of heaven, running down the side of the high-way i see little heads tucked into their jacket hoods bobbing behind the cars as they try to catch the bus. The cars are all stopped, but they are so small and don't even know what danger they are in as they try to catch the bus...i am praying please God keep them safe, let Alex see them, and then he does...my children are all safely on-board and still he waits...the last little straggler is safely inside , i see the door close, and the bus begins to move on toward school...I breathe a sigh of relief and my heart beat returns to normal...

My focus goes back to the beauty around me, and i thank God for the childrens' safety, both mine, and my neighbors, and i wonder were they even aware how much danger they were in?

An extra prayer this morning, goes out...Dear God watch over all the little ones, that don't have someone watching over them...they need extra protection...watch over mine as they go about their school day...watch over Ashley and Dylan on the bus ride to the State Championship, watch over Ashley as she takes pictures of the game for yearbook, watch over Dylan as he plays football tonight, bring them both safely home,watch over Kyle, Timmi, and James as they go to school this morning, watch over Andrew and Tiffiany as they eat breakfast and head off to bed, watch over Ben as he goes about his day, please don't let it be anything serious. I know he is afraid, and watch over the 2 babies still asleep in my bed....

I think I will go join them, it looks very warm under those blankets...

1 comments:

momoflots said...

I'm wiping away tears!! A mama's prayer!! Every mama in the world can understand that kind of prayer!!! I pray the very same things for my children and husband!! I will pray for your family while I pray for mine!! Our babies are to precious for us NOT to pray for them aren't they!!!

Bless you this day!!!