BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 9, 2009

I quit

Today was a horrendous day, it was one of those calgon take me away days, it started the moment Sean Patricks' blessed little feet hit the floor this morning, and kept on going. His next move was to wake up Christian(Boo Bear) and Alexandra because he needed company don't ya know, then they all informed me as i tried to hide under my comforter, that they needed breakfast, and i needed to get up...

Now it is not like, i wasn't up with a sniffly baby until 1:00a.m. I was upstairs at 3:00a.m. checking on Nicole, and then Alexandra woke up a few minutes later, I think i surrendered around 4:00 and just stuck the wailing baby in bed with me...

Ben, Ashley and the boys went to the High School football game last night to watch Dylan play. Sasakwa won, but they were caught in the torrential downpour, and everyone came home soaked. I had one sick girl in bed and 2 other teenagers unconcious, oblivious, you pick the word to the whole running through the downstairs at top speed whooping and hollering like a pack of i don't even know what, while i am trying to focus my eyes...

We did manage to wash dishes today, by boiling the rain water i collected in containers all around the house, and we have been able to flush toliets by filling the tanks with rain water, but all good things come to an end, and if they don't fix this by tomorrow, the children and i won't be able to stay home. I have farmed out Connor,Dylan and Jonathtan,but that still leaves a whole lot of people relying on buckets of rainwater...

We did no laundry today, but Nicole did comment, it was much harder to do everything with no water, because even washing your hands was a chore, and then we are using sanitizer on top of that as we have no hot water...Ben is bringing some drinking water home as we are down to our last gallon of tap water that i collected before the tanks ran dry...

My little ones were unable to go outside and burn off any energy, and have spent a lot of time in time-out, seperated, in the corner, and on the couch...they have been talked to,prayed over and even spanked to no avail...they are crazy...and i am even crazier...

Connor has a spider bite, oh and his arm is infected, and needs to be soaked every few hours in hot salt water...but we have no water....he is on an antibiotic as it looks like a poisonous bite...and is going to spend the next few days at his friends house...

I told my dear husband i have absolutely had it, and i quit, i give up, i am calling in crazy, this job does not pay enough...he laughed at me, and said, it has been a really rough day for you...yes it has, to make it worse Ashleys' friend said i couldn't quit without giving 2 weeks notice, and terrible things happen to children when Moms quit.....

Ouch! so i guess i am not quitting, i am not going to work tomorrow, i have too much to do here, but my beloved is buying paper plates, and bribing me with chocolate and chinese food...we can only hold out til tomorrow without some water reinforcements...

I don't want to go to Bobbis' this time, they have had the hini flu, and i am afraid to go to Grannys' as anything we might have would be amplified for a lady in her 80's i honestly don't know where we will go, but i do know that i have run out of panties for the baby, and am extremely grateful right now for pull-ups.

I am dreaming of a steaming hot bubble bath and my slippers(which are half washed in the washing machine) i know these little things are sent to try us, but i must confess that today i have failed miserably, and the only thing i am going to quit is whining....i may cry, but i won't whine....

1 comments:

momoflots said...

Oh dear, I wish I could offer you some encouragement but I quit today too!! I can't begin to go into why I quit but I went off to my bedroom and got my book and a glass of wine and locked the door and firmly told everyone I quit!!!