BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 19, 2009

fall break

Fall Break is officially over, and everyone is back to school. The weather is cool and crisp, and the leaves are changing. We have been checking the trees for pecans, and i think it is going to be a spotty year for pecans.

We had planned an outing , but due to the interuption of the flu, all outings were cancelled. We did make it to the grocery store, the dr.s office, and the pharmacy, be still my heart....i am so glad the children are all on the mend...Nicole still has a cold, Christian is having sinus problems, and Alexandra, well Alexandra is just a whirlwind...

Kyle and Timmi have been engaged for over a year now, and we met with her parents and the lovebirds, to hear the wedding plans. Her mother is very excited about planning a wedding, and they have a lot of ideas...

They have set the date for June 18,2010, Timmi wants a small outdoor ceremony, and she and Kyle would like to use the Mission grounds with the reception at the church hall. Fr. Adrian said weddings were to take place in the church, and so they are looking for a compromise of taking their vows earlier in the evening, in the church with the families present, and then repeating the vows and nuptual blessing on the mission grounds at twi-light.

I know where Fr. Adrian is coming from, and yet, i understand Kyle and Timmi wanting to use the old Mission grounds, it would be a beautiful setting for an outdoor wedding...I hope they are able to find a compromise....The church view of marriage as a sacrament, means it needs to take place in the church, but i am optimistic that Kyle and Timmis' idea is doable.

Timmis' Mom asked me if i thought it would be agreeable to Fr. Adrian, and i said it seems like a reasonable compromise to me, but i learned a long time ago, not to even pretend to know or understand what priests think, because like all men, we don't think alike,and priests don't really live in this world, their whole vocation is getting us to live our vocations, and look toward heaven, so they do live with a different perspective on life.

As a wife, and mother, i try to live my vocation, but i will admit to having myself distracted by one foot in the dirty laundry, dishes, dust, and cooking, the other distraction lots of children, lately, lots of sick children, my prayer life has been, " oh lord, get me through this, and keep me vertical...not very deep....

Fr. Phillip told me, every dirty diaper, and runny nose, dirty dish, etc. is a sacrifice, and in many ways a prayer...it is living a vocation of service, i hope he is right, and this all counts as prayer otherwise, i am seriously behind....

2 comments:

momoflots said...

Oh I love that - that every diaper, runny nose etc. is a sarcifice and a prayer!! It sounds like Fr. Philip has maybe a better understanding of a Mom's life. My prayer life also very often is the same as yours - God - help me get through this day - without losing my mind!!! I will pray that you get the wedding plans settled to everyone's satisfaction!!

momoflots said...

P.S. I forgot to say that I'm glad people are starting to feel better in you home - our colds are almost gone. I'm trying not to be paraniod but it seems like we are surrounded by the flu - I just want to stay home and hide out!!!