BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 30, 2009

Boomer Sooner

We had a crazy day yesterday, now i know i have said this before, but i really mean it...a severe thunderstorm rolled through our area and had sirens going off everywhere as tornandos were spotted on the ground...

We had lightning strike the ground south of the house, and knock out our telephone, t.v. ,internet, and the power was off 5 different times. I was standing by the kitchen widow when the next 2 strikes hit our pine tree and blew a transformer on the power line. I about jumped on top of the counter it scared me so badly.

When the storm finally subsided, we were in the dark, with no phone, so we put our mud boots on and waded through about 6 inches of water or more to Andrews house. He was without power also, so he and Tiff drove to Johnsons 5 mile to use their cell phones and contact the Power company, phone company and Ben. It took 3 trips by the phone repairman to get everything up and running again, they had to send a crew out from the power company to repair the transformer, and Andrew had to buy me a DR. Pepper to help with my nerves. Ben brought me chocolate when he came home from work...he was afraid i was in the celllar with the babies in the middle of a tornado...

Things were pretty well normal by 4:00, and thats when i discovered Jonathan was missing. Now the school bus drove past the house without stopping, and the superintendant drove by with the kids, so between 2 repair crews and the normal craziness, it took me 20 minutes to figure out Jonathan wasn't answering me because he wasn't home...He stayed at school for 4-H, but my note said it was cancelled, i sent Andrew off to look for him, just as he drove up with a friends family...I need to do my roots, these kids are going to give me gray hair....

Last night was a home football game, and all the big kids went. Ben and I stayed home and carved pumpkins with the 3 little ones..tonight is the fall carnival at school, it is the main fund raiser for most of the classes. They will have food, games, bingo, the kids can wear costumes, it is a big deal in our little town. I still have to make 2 desserts for the senior dinner.

Tomorrow night is the Holy Fest at New Life church, and we always take the children there instead of trick or treating. It is safe, and a lot of fun for everybody. Ashley is having a movie night after 8:00 with her friends, so more cooking is on the schedule...I always make chili, hot apple cider, and donuts..Christian has requested chocolate cupcakes with worms, so i guess thats' on the menu too. I plan to sit in my bed tomorrow night with all the younger children drink hot apple cider, steal the really yummy chocolate out of their bags, and watch Young Frankenstein...

My timer has buzzed, so i have switch the laundry and check the cupcakes...
Have a great fall week-end and Happy Halloween...Sunday we celebrate All Saints Day...
Many prayers for the faithful departed...

2 comments:

momoflots said...

Oh my goodness!!! I love thunder storms but that is over the top!! And to lose your kiddo too!! Chocolate and Dr. Pepper is they only real solutions!! Is your pine tree splintered? Wow - your day was NUTS!!!

Kimberly said...

It has a black streak down the middle from top to the ground and the limbs on one side were black and smoldering. We also have a large black mark on the ground between Andrews house and ours...