BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 10, 2009

blessings

I am praying blessings today for all the men who worked 2 days in the rain and mud and cold to restore water to all of us on the rural line . We had the first trickle of water about 10:00p.m. , and i threw in the first load of laundry at 11:30. I did 2 loads last night, and have 3 done so far. You see, it is entirely possible the lines may start running red mud so i have to watch and wash very carefully.

Everyone is asleep, and i am waiting on the coffee to brew before i go crawl back in bed with Christian and Alexandra. Ben is at work, but it is another one of those cold, cloudy crawl back into bed days. It is on 37 degrees plus wind....i call that winter

At least we don't have to haul water today, anyday we don't have to haul water is a good day. The odd thing is, that hauling water for some people is just part of their daily survival...the hunt for clean water a daily chore...how spoiled we are, thank you god for allowing me to be born in this country where my daily blessings are more than many women can even imagine....

I saw a really yummy pumpkin cake recipe in my new southern living magazine, i am going to fix as a dessert tonight to celebrate our water, and i am going to apologize for threatening to quit. I never really meant to quit, i was just blowing off steam, but after Lee said some Moms really do quit, and the toll it takes on their children, i know it is not something i should joke about, but hiding behind the chicken coop, or locking myself in my room that is fair game...

1 comments:

momoflots said...

Okay, so now I feel bad!!!!:0).
I don't quit anymore - you convicted me!! But I wish I could get the teens around here to quit - being rude and loud and generally obnoxious :0)!!!