BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

tuckerville

It has been a typical week in Tuckerville. I have been expecting my 13 year old washing machine, that is held together with prayer and baling wire to die anytime now. I have been expecting it as it shimmy and shakes its way through piles of laundry everyday. To my chagrin it was my dryer that expired first.

It is 4 years old and has been repaired 3 times already. Benjamin said the motor was shot, and we just need to bite the bullet, and replace the darn thing. It is time to begin praying for the intention of a new washer and dryer.

I do have a clothesline which I use quite a lot in the summer, but right now it is about 40 degrees , with wind chill it feels like it is in the 2o's . It takes all day for the clothes to dry. Sometimes I can't tell if they are damp or just so cold. I have been bundling up to brave the cold and wind to hang up the clothes.

I have been having a lot of trouble with my stupid autoimmune disease, the weather has made it so much worse, and having to hang 3-4 loads out everyday in this cold has been excruciating. I don't want to complain and put more pressure on Ben, but I don't know how long I can keep this up.

Dear Lord, you know our needs, and with our large family a good functioning washer and dryer is so important. With such an uncertain financial climate we don't want to take on any debt, but to buy it outright would mean no groceries for the rest of the month. We are going to give it some time and some prayer.

1 comments:

Jared said...

Hi Kim...Thank you so much for your comment. It was truly encouraging to read this morning. I am sorry to hear about your washer and dryer situation. Coming from a larger family too, I know how aggravating that can be..especially when the money to replace them aren't sitting in the bank. I pray that this situation will work out smoothly for you guys! How have you been?