BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 18, 2009

a tale of 2 chickens

I do not know what has come over my speckled hens, but this new form of chicken insanity is starting to really bug me. Thursday night I rode along so Ashley (with her new permit) could drop Connor off at school to get ready for his basketball game. I waited in the car all alone while Ashley found out what time we needed to get to the school for Connor and Nicoles' games, when I heard this noise(braaagh), oh no I didn't hear that, I sat very still, and once again(braaaagh).



It could not be, not again, who let the stupid chicken in the van. Sure enough, as I was climbing out of the van, out hopped the stupid speckled hens. 2 stupid hens . I don't believe this. Now we have to guard the doors of the van when we are loading up to avoid hitchhikers.

I told Fr. Matthew about the behaviour of my hens, and he suggested I turn them into Sunday dinner. I told him no way. these speckled hens are small, scrawny things, and once I got the feathers off of them there would be nothing left. Sunday morning , they tried to hitchhike to church, but Connor chased them out. I could just picture us piling out of the van at church, It is quite a sight to see rows of children racing to get out first, followed by speckled hens.

0 comments: