BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 15, 2009

chickens

I have very strange chickens, I am convinced these chickens are not the least bit normal whatever that is. I had an appointment in Ada at 10:15 , so I was planning to leave the house at 9:45. Ben decided to go with us, and you would think 2 adults and 2 children could get out of the house on time.

Thinking was my first mistake. As we loaded the 2 little ones into their car seats we left the drivers door open, and the side passenger door open. Ben was in row 2 hooking up Christian, and I was in row 1 hooking up Alexandra when I looked down and saw a chicken running through the van. In our 15 passenger van, the area under the seats is open all the way to the back of the van. I start to yell at the stupid chicken, when I notice a 2nd chicken in the van.

What in the heck is going on here? 2 stupid chickens in the van. Ben is shooing chickens one way, and I am shooing them the other. They run to the front door, and in jumps Otto the really bizarre weiner dog, and he proceeds to chase the chickens through the van.

I looked at my dear husband of 24 years, and I said , Honey, I don't think other peoples' lives are like this. Who else do you know would have to chase chickens, and a dog out of the van just to go to town? I don't know of anyone.

I was 20 minutes late to my appointment, and as I explained the circumstances, the receptionist looked at me as though she had never encountered chickens running through her van being chased by a weiner dog. Imagine that. Some peoples lives must be so boring.

0 comments: