BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 11, 2009

new traditions

We have always given the children 2 gifts on Christmas Eve. New pajamas, and a christmas ornament. This year, I waited to give them their ornament until the Feast of the Holy Family, and then they all hung their ornaments up while we enjoyed cookies and hot chocolate.

I think we all enjoyed it, as the chaos of gift opening was over, but it was a way of emphasizing that Christmas is more than 1 day. Next year, I am going to try to have a small gift for them to open on Epiphany also. I really want them to understand the whole season of celebrating the birth of our Lord.

We had an Epiphany party at church this year, and I really enjoyed it much more than the Christmas parties we have had in the past. It was nice to be able to celebrate when the pressure of having everything done was over.

0 comments: