BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 26, 2009

snowdays

The weather here in our little corner of the prairie is officially awful. It has been so cold, and now it is sleeting and freezing. There are icicles hanging from the branches of the trees, everything is frozen. They turned school out early today, and are expecting the roads to be too icy tomorrow.

I have a love hate relationship with snow days. The scenery here in rural Oklahoma is unbelievably beautiful, however, my little boys lose their collective minds, when anyone even says snowday.

My children are anticipating a day of no school, and I am anticipating 4 little boys running through my home like wild men, unable to go out and burn off any energy. They still don't get that you can't play in an ice storm. Not unless, you want frostbite, and other unpleasant side effects.

If they are home we may just bake some cookies and drink hot chocolate, it's not like I can do any laundry right now. I had to hang Alexandra's laundry on hangers all around my canopy bed in order for it to dry, and I don't think that will work very well on our laundry, and I can't hang it outside. Who wants frozen laundry.

Don't tell the children, I am praying the roads don't ice tomorrow, in fact, I am trying to think of a way to rig up Ben's extension cord and use the blow dryer to melt the ice on the highway. i just need the cooperation of a few other moms, and we cold have this thing whipped.

Well, what would you do if you were iced in with 7 children? The last time, we were literally stuck with no power or water for days. They had to have the national guard truck water in for us. Ladies get your blow dryers ready.

0 comments: