BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Happy Birthday, again

My birthday is almost here, and my mother sent me a package in the mail today. The only problem was she addressed the package to Kimberly Walls. I haven't been Kimberly Walls in 25 years.

The postman didn't know who Kimberly Walls was, the address was correct but, not the name. He asked is this for you? I laughed,and told him my Mom must be having a rough week. I called her to let her know my package was here, and who she sent it to.

Her expalanation was, in her head, i am still Kimberly Walls, even though i have been married longer than i carried my own name. She said there was so much going on "with all of us children" that we were worrying her to death and running her crazy....Considering the children range in age from 56-40, that's really bad.

The very best part of my birthday next week, is that i have lost a year. Oh you sceptics, oh yea of little faith. I have not done any age shaving lately, it seems my Mother is the confused one, and the outside of my card said Happy 43rd Birthday Kimmie...Now i am never one to argue with my Mother , and last year when she asked me how it felt to be 42, i just thought ok...It seems mom has lost a year along the way, and as she is subtracting them from my age, and not adding them , i will go with it.

Happy 43rd Birthday Kimmie, again....crazy it seems runs in my family...Granny always said in the south you don't ask if there are crazy people in your family, you just ask which side they're on, in my case, i can honestly say, all sides thank you....

0 comments: