BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 20, 2009

prom 2009

Friday Night Sasakwa High School Jr. Sr. Prom was held at the East Central University Ballroom.. That sounds so simple, however, nothing that ever happens around here is simple..Ben insisted I take tuesday, our anniversary off from my regular chores, and wednesday the children had our party. Thursday, Ashley had an appointment to get her nails and toes done, she was also on the prom committee, and spent all week working on cut-outs and painting decorations.

Friday morning she and Tiffiany left at 8:30 am to go decorate and then head to the salon for their hair & make-up appointments . They planned to be home by 4:30, but things never, ever go as planned. I was supposed to start Timmis' hair at 3:00, but she didn't get here until 3:40. Things went pretty quickly, and I had her ready in plenty of time. With all the excitement, and planning, everyone thought someone told me that the entire group of teenagers was meeting at my house.

The first to show up was Tiffianys' mother, step-dad, and cousins, her mother through a full blown conniption fit on my porch because the girls had not returned from their appointments. She was thoroughly disgusted, that i had not been calling on the cell-phone to track them down.
I calmly informed that Tiff as she is wont to do had misplaced her cell-phone. Well, then she yelled call Ashleys'. I had to break the sad news to her, that Ashley does not have a cell-phone.

She went back to Andrews' to wait for Tiffiany so she could pounce on her the moment she got back. Andrew to his credit didn't ruffle, didn't care, and continued to play his game...He couldn't get dressed because the girls had picked up his tux for him, and so it went.

People began to show up at my house, Kyle and Timmi, Elmer, Shayla and Lane, Jordan, parents still no girls..about 5:20 they showed up, Tiffiany and her Mom got into an argument...Shayla and I distracted the Mom so the girls could all get dressed, in my bedroom with all the girls jammed in there trying to help everyone at the same time, get into their gowns....I had to get out the duck tape to keep the girls bras in place, as they wanted to show.

Ben managed to miss all the excitement, and couldn't figure out why clothes were thrown all over our bedroom, and none of them were mine, it looked like a tornado struck. The sun came out just in time to dry up the worst puddles, after everyone got their flowers exchanged and pinned on, we trooped out front to take pictures.

All of the couples looked very nice. We managed to get everyones picture taken, and then they all took off in a whirlwind to go eat supper at Applebees. They didn't care about being late for prom, their only time constraint was showing up in time for the promenade.

Yes, I said promenade...here, they still line up all the couples, and they walk across the walkway and down a flight of stairs where parents, and family members gather to ooh and aah at the girls beautiful dresses. I told Jordan to hold on tight to Ashley, I live in fear of her falling and reinjuring her hip. It would break my heart if she ended up back in that wheelchair. She made it just fine. She and Jordan looked great. Her royal blue dress, and his black on black tux really worked well together.

Tiffiany promised to post some pictures for me, I was really proud of all the children/oops, i mean young adults...after prom this high-tone group went to the 24 hour McDonalds for a gourmet snack of french fries and chocolate milk shakes....and after all i went through, getting these girls ready to go, they didn't bring me anything...Oh well, a moment on the lips....

2 comments:

momoflots said...

I can't wait to see pictures!! Wow, did Andrew and Tiffany have a big wedding? What was her mom like for that? Sounds like some apron strings need to be cut - mom needs to remember she is married after all!!! (maybe I'm being too opinionated :0)!! What happened to Ashley's hip? Sounds like it was a major injury!! It's neat that all the kids gravitate to your home - sounds like the best place to be!!! Is the weather getting more Springy over there and are you feeling well these days? Happy Monday to you!

Kimberly said...

You know the old saying, if you can't say something nice...that's how Tiffs mother is. Domineering, overbearing,vulgar, and down-right mean. I am glad God gave me a back-bone. She has made it her mission to run over people, but it doesn't work with me. I would relate wedding difficulties to my dear friend, and she thought no one is that bad, and i must be exaggerating, the day of the wedding, after the reception, she apologised to me, and said, I told it gospel...They had a very traditional large catholic wedding, it was beautiful in spite of the drama queen.

I feel great compassion for my daughter-in-law, she has had a very strange life, and is just learning to be a part of a family, it sounds mean, but the less time she spends with her mother the better off she is.

Ashley fell and broke her hip in 2003, then she was diagnosed with avascular necrosis of her left hip(the bone is dead) She will need hip replacement surgery at some point. She had surgery in Nov. to remove the screw in her hip,and she is doing well. She has been in and out of a wheelchair since her fall. She has a lot of pain, but the dr.s think it is a miracle she is walking at all.

Our weather is so crazy, Sun. it was about 45 and rainy, this week it has been warm and sunny, the babies and i spent most of monday morning sitting in the sunshine. I can tell a difference in my pain level with the weather, the sun feels so good. Hope you and yours are all doing well.