BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 26, 2009

dating

I told the children when they were young, they had to wait until they were 16 to date. The boys didn't really date at all. They met the girls liked them, and started bringing them over. The week Ashley turned 16, i told her, i had serious reservations about the whole way dating is done, and i had changed my mind. She was upset with me, but nothing really happened until this week.

A young man that has been around for a long time, would come and talk to me when the children were in school, he shared that he had always had feelings for Ashley and always would. He was going to wait until she was ready to date him. He told Tiffiany he wanted to ask Ashley on a date, and what should he do....She said don't ask Mom, she'll say no. Ask Dad, thats your best chance, and by the way, Ashley can't go anywhere without a chaperone, we'll go with you.

He came over tuesday afternoon, and asked to speak privately with my husband. They had a man to younger man talk, and my husband said he could take her to dinner. Off she went on her first date, with her older brother and sister-in-law. They had a very nice time. This week they want to go to the movie, and Nicole and Tiffiany have agreed to go with them.

He told Ashley, I never knew anyone who sent chaperones on dates. She said, you have just never known anyone like my Mama and Daddy. They love me, and want to protect me. He said when can we go out on our own? I told her she can go on dates alone, when she is married....or when her father says otherwise.

It is time to straighten everything up around here, and make sure my bull isn't in the ditch.

1 comments:

momoflots said...

What a great idea sending your older children as chaprones!! I'm so nerveous about when the boys start coming around my girls! I bet all their big brothers will be difficult to get by, though! The big question though - do YOU like this young man?