BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 16, 2009

25th anniversary

On April 14, 1984, Ben and i were married in the Pioneer Chapel in Hayward Ca. I really can't believe we have been married this long. Ben wanted to take me away for a nice rest, but i can't leave Alexandra, and Christian gets nervous after a day away from me. His plan b was to take the babies and go to Branson for a few days. I really wanted to wait until we could go away for a few days alone.

We didn't do anything grand or exciting, but we have had a lovely week. Tiffiany took the babies to Bobbies', tuesday morning, and Ben took me out for a nice quiet lunch alone....it was so nice. We ate and talked, then we walked around downtown and held hands. Later, that evening, all the children went over to Andrew and Tiffianys' for dinner and a movie. We had a romantic candlelite dinner, ate off our china, used his grandma's linens, and our crystal and had some champagne. The house was so quiet...We really enjoyed just spending time alone together.

Wednesday evening the children had a party for us with a few friends over. They served pink lemonade punch, and hors-d'oeuvres. Tiffiany baked a beautiful 4 layer cake with pink and white roses on it and pink and silver ribbons. Our wedding was pink and white, so they decorated in those colors. The children all pitched in and bought us a beautiful pair of silver candlesticks , at an antique store. The girls polished them until they gleamed. They sent me to me room while they cleaned and decorated. Nicole dressed up the babies, and when they let us out of our room, everything was so lovely. The boys hung white light and pink japanese lanterns in the yard. I was very proud of them for planning and taking care of everything.

Ben decided to take Thursday off, and took me out to breakfast, and then to Home Depot to buy more flowers for the front yard as my last ones froze to death when the blizzard came in. We have had a very mellow, low-key kind of anniversary, at least as mellow as it gets around here...I still can't quite believe we have been married 25 years. Ben and I looked at our wedding pictures, he said you really haven't changed, and i just look older..a lot older than you. I attribute it to great genetics and clean living. If someone would have told me 25 years ago i would have 9 children and a 1 year old at this time i would have thought they were nuts, but i wouldn't change a thing. I think the babies, while making me very tired, keep me young, and i am glad that the baby stage isn't just something in our past, and who knows what the future holds, the Dr. said I was still plenty young to have more babies, and they had first time moms older than i am...isn't that a strange thought.

I am glad I married him, I am still glad we married young, I just couldn't imagine my life without him, and all our beautiful children...Here's to another 25 years..I love you honey...

1 comments:

momoflots said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!!! Don't you love it when the kids step up and do such sweet things?!!! So glad you got some time alone. We're hoping for a dinner out this weekend. Like you I can't leave my babies for too long and also like you I'm so glad I'm still in the baby stage!!!