BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 28, 2009

be careful what you wish for

I prayed for peace and joy and stillness, and once again, i opened my big fat mouth. Christmas Eve a blizzard hit, a real live blizzard. It was unreal. I held the phone outside so my Mom could hear the ice hitting the house and the blowing snow.

She was snug and warm in sunny California. We had a nice visit. I sent my love to all my family that was gathering in Modesto at my nieces home for dinner. I also had a house full.

I am so grateful for the kindness of strangers, and the men Ben works with. He left work in the middle of the blizzard Christmas Eve and was trying to get home, when he hit an ice patch, and slid into a ditch. An elderly couple invited him in, and put him in front of their fireplace, and offered him coffee and goodies. His friend from work with a major 4-wheel drive came and got him, and drove him all the way home.

They had to stop twice during the 20 mile drive to thaw out the windshield wipers. This same man, shuttled men back and forth to work all week-end. Pulled Bens' car out of the ditch Saturday, after he and another man used shovels to dig it out...

We had all our children home, we were safe and warm, we were unable to attend midnight mass, but we sang Christmas Carols, read stories and had a wonderful time. We were unable to attend Mass on Sunday, and today, we finally were able to get the van out.

Ben took Friday, off, and Andrew was unable to get to work, we had Kyle and Timmi home on Christmas, until the road crews came through, and they were able to drive the 7 miles to her parents.

All in all, we had a wonderful Christmas. Yes, there was an entire list of things I never did finish, but the most important things, they were all here...and yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus...Kyle said he saw him...while he was carrying things in...

1 comments:

momoflots said...

Oh dear friend!! A blizzard for Christmas!!! I have been off the computer for a while but now I'm back - I'm so sorry about your husband's illness!! I will be praying for him and you!!!